So a couple were interested in what I do for couponing. Here is the first website that I started looking at: www.savvyshopperdeals.com. She has some videos on there that you can watch to get you started. Then I actually attended one of her free classes, very helpful I might add. What I do in a nutshell:
- I subscribed to 'The Daily Herald' (I only get the Sunday paper which has the coupons)
- I cut my coupons every week and organize them in a binder by category
- I check up on some peoples blogs who post good deals or I use the 'Shopping Wizard' on the SavvyShopperDeals.com website and it shows me where and what the good deals are.
There are a whole lot of people out there that have blogs that describe all the deals and it seems like the coupons are the same across the country, except for local grocery chains. Anywhoo...I will make a list of some of the websites/blogs I check so you can see what they do.
My experiment today: Laundry Soap!
So I got an email from Seth's Grandma Jean and she had forwarded this recipe to make homemade laundry detergent. So I thought why not try it. It would be a lot cheaper. So here is the recipe, the ingredients, and the result!
So here are the results. Note, the recipe only makes 2 gallons and you can see I have 4. That is because I accidently stuck the entire bar of Fels Naptha soap in the water the first step and you are only supposed to have 1/3 of the bar. So then I was supposed to triple the recipe, but I didn't have a large enough pot to do it in one batch so I just doubled the rest of the ingredients and hopefully that doesn't throw it off too bad.
Other note: make sure shake your mixture well. One of the gallons was a harder one to shake since there was no handle and so it didn't get as much shaking as the other ones and it is kind of solidified. I don't know if it is because I have too much Fels Naptha Soap in it or because I didn't shake it enough. The other three seem to be fine. I washed a load today with the soap and it seemed to do the job just fine.
Anyways, there is another money saving tip for you thrifty people out there.
2 comments:
You are SO organized! That doesn't really surprise me. I love the homemade detergent! You are amazing!
You are so funny. You have always been so on top of things and organized. Wish you would have rubbed some of that off on me GEEZ!
Post a Comment