Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. -A.N.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

On Top of the World!


So maybe I am not on top of the world, but I felt pretty close at the top of Mount Timpanogos. Last week Seth went backpacking with the Young Men and so I decided it was the time to do some more hiking myself since I haven't done any this summer. Okay I have, but can you ever really do too much hiking? Well Mt. Timp is one hike that has been on my bucket list for a very long while. I had always heard horror stories about it and how long it was so I was always nervous to go. But I decided I just had to do it and especially since who knows how much longer we will be living in Utah Valley after Seth graduates from law school next spring.

My friend Leticia from our ward was going and asked if I wanted to go along, so I did. And it was so beautiful! It was long and lots of uphill just like I had anticipated, but I hadn't anticipated how beautiful the scenery would be along the way. We passed three waterfalls, lots of wild flowers, mountain goat, a pretty blue lake, and a great view from the top. It was well worth all the effort and I would even consider doing it again!

You can see Emerald Lake in the background. That is the lake you pass on your way up to the top. It is actually really blue and very pretty when you are up closer to it.

This is a small glimpse of all the beautiful wildflowers we saw on our hike.

A little while ago I was just browsing through some prior year posts of mine and remembered some good stories and things that I had forgotten about. I guess that is why this blog is a good thing, it has some good memories in it. I haven't yet put it into a book. Have any of you done that? If so, what website have you used and do you recommend it?

Well speaking of memories, I decided I better mention one so I don't forget about it: A couple of weeks ago I went to this Republican Fundraising luncheon held at the Lion House in Salt Lake. While I was there I met Senator Hatch and Senator Bennett and shook both of their hands. I felt a little out of place because the room was full of very wealthy people, but it was very interesting and some good food!

Also last night our Ward had a Ward Campout up Payson Canyon. I had to convince Seth to go since he was all camped-out after his backpacking trip with the YM. He finally consented after much bribing, so we had a fun, short little camping trip. Seth thought if we took enough blankets it would be padded enough we wouldn't need a mattress. After last night, I have to say that theory fails. I much prefer an air mattress. I guess we'll have to invest in one before we try that again. It was still a success though, I was happy we went.

2 comments:

Jon and Kylee Rog said...

You're hike sounds like lots of fun and really beautiful! I've always wanted to hike Timpanogas. I'm thinking of reasons to come up or for you to come down. What are your Labor Day weekend plans? Let's make some!!

Rapunzel said...

You should have just taken the blazer and slept on top of that.... it's pretty comfortable!!