Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. -A.N.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy 6 months Ari!


Well spring is here and I love being able to go out on walks and enjoy the warm weather! I especially love that Temple Square is so close. We love walking through there. The flowers smell and look so nice, it is so fun.  Ari didn't like the grass very much so she hardly smiled so I need to try a different strategy for picture taking because normally she is all smiles. She is the happiest baby!  



So the sad news is that Grandpa Eldon McArthur passed away the night of April 5th, technically April 6th. It was somewhat of a surprise to me since he was still going strong last time I saw him when I was down for Amelia's baby blessing. We went to his house for scones like we do every Saturday morning we are in St. George. He made bread and scones every week up to the very last Saturday before he passed. He was a great man! I will miss his 'bear' hugs where he would growl in your ear when he gave you a hug and his wonderful, detailed stories. He had an amazing talent to start a story and go off on tangents and all the while you are wondering how he is going to tie it all back in and then 45 minutes later he brings it all back around and there you have it - one amazingly long, detailed story.  He loved to sing you songs and one that I was reminded that I love is 'Redwing'. I am going to learn all the words and sing it to Ari. And the sweetest thing about Grandpa is how much he loved and honored Grandma. I know he is so excited to be with her now. He missed her so very much. He couldn't wait for her to 'come for him' as he frequently talked about. He sang love songs to her nearly every night and just loved her so much. I think that is why my Dad is so good to my Mom, he learned it from Grandpa. My Mom said to my siblings and me that we are lucky to have Grandpa in our line, and I really do feel honored to have him for my Grandpa. I will miss him dearly! Love you Grandpa!!

No comments: