
So for the last 8 years since I last lived at home, I have never really had easy access to a piano. There were pianos on campus which I would use sometimes while in school, but they were only available late at night after classes were done, so it was hard to use those very often. But finding a piano and a time that would work for me was always more difficult to do rather than walking 5 steps from the kitchen to our piano at home. I have gone through debate over debate in my head when I should get a piano. I don't really want to spend a lot of money buying a piano if we are renting and and just going to have to sell it, but I often just have the desire to sit down and play. And it makes me sad I cannot enjoy playing like I used to. Anyways, when we first got married, I looked on ksl.com all the time for the used pianos people were selling, but never very seriously considered it, mainly just dreaming. I didn't know if it would fit in our little apartment very well without feeling too crowded. So I am sure you know where I am going with this, right? Well we decided we would just find a cheap older piano and make room for it and just sell it or whatever when we leave, so I started looking again on ksl.com. After about a month of looking and calling around, I found one in Orem. Long story short, we have a piano!! I am one happy girl.
We got rid of a desk and rearranged some bookshelves, moved out 2 filing cabinets that belonged to our landlords and wa-la....our piano has a home. It it amazing how different the room looks with a piano. I am very happy and we have really been enjoying it. It is fun to hear Seth play a little. It makes our apartment feel even more like a home. The piano has seen better days, but it plays fine. It could probably use a tuning and some love, but we are happy with it. The people we bought it from got it from BYU 15 years ago when they were getting rid of their old pianos, but they haven't really played it much since then. But I am sure it has had a lot of hours put on it with all the students practicing on it. But we couldn't be more pleased with our piano!
We got to go to Megan's soccer game on Saturday in Mapleton, so of course I took the camera to get some photos of the kids. I think my favorite subject to take pictures of are children. They are full of life, energy, smiles, and they are so innocent. I know they can be stinkers at times, but you can't help but love them.

This one can be a stinker too, but I can't help but love him either! :)

5 comments:
Very cool! My flute goes wherever I go, but I don't pull it out often as there's not much opportunity to play around here. I miss the good ol' days of band, symphony and playing in church. I'm glad you're able to play whenever you want again. I remember you being really good!
When are you gonna bring that fancy camera up north and take pics of our little bug? We really need to get together some time even without the camera.
Congrats on the piano. I know how that can be when you just get the feeling that you want to do something but you can't. That will be so fun. Your pictures are great! I'm constantly trying to mess around and get some awesome pics of the kids but I think I'm missing the creativity it takes. I guess that's what the pros are for. Love you blog!
So exciting. And I know exactly what you mean, I hardly ever played at school but played lots every day I was home. It's easier when it's right there! Fun to chat with you today. :)
Well, that is a classic Seth face . . . :)
Post a Comment