Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. -A.N.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Yummy Strawberries!


Well we are finally back in Provo and it is weird. It has been 4 months since we stayed at our home for longer than a week, so it feels good to be back and settled. Here are some strawberries from our little strawberry patch. Don't they look so scrumptious? What a fun welcome home treat it was to see our little patch thriving and growing. We love strawberries and we are very pleased they stayed alive and well while we were gone (with a little help from our landlords, thanks!!) So we had to celebrate Father's Day with a little smoothie for Seth. Seth starts internship #2 on Monday at the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office. He loved the one in St. George, and he has found he really enjoys prosecution, just like he thought that he would.


So here a picture of the little tyke that was born in the truck with only his Mom there to deliver him. What a handsome little guy he is. They named him Drake Monson Kesterson. I was lucky to be able to hold him so often during the last 6 weeks, it was such a treat for me. I asked if I could take him home with me, but my sister didn't go for that. He is a pretty well-behaved guy, but pretty spoiled with being held all the time....But I just can't resist.


I just think this picture with him yawning is so cute. And here is my superwoman of a sister! She seriously is amazing and not just because she delivered her own baby when he was born, but because she has so many Christlike characteristics. She is amazing, that is the best word to describe her.

So on a completely other topic, sometimes I think my brain comes up with some crazy ideas of things I wonder if I/we should act on. I sometimes wonder if these are promptings from the spirit or just my mind running through life's possible scenarios. I don't know if that makes sense without giving a lot more background, but sometimes I just wonder if some of the various ideas/things that come into my brain are more important than just random thoughts and if I should really pursue different ideas. Does that make sense to anyone? Or do any of you relate? How do know differentiate between the two? Any suggestions? I know prayer plays an important role but would love to hear your thoughts....

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!! Thanks for all your comments. Sorry I have been slacking in the blog department of my life.

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Hey! I am SO sorry we didn't get together again while you were here. I ended up being out of town a lot and I didn't have much free time.

Cute, cute pics of your nephew. I should have had you take pictures of Hayden while you were in town! Dang!

Today my thoughts have been focused on the Holy Ghost and listening to promptings. It's what we talked about in primary and it has made me think about if there have been times that I have ignored the spirit. I don't know how to really answer your question from your post but my thoughts are kind of on the same page. Not that that helps at all.

Wow! I'll let you get back to what you were doing now!

Jeff and Diana said...

That has always been hard for me too! For me lately I've found that when I act on the ideas that come to me I'm either reassured that I'm doing the right/best thing or somehow the spirit let's me know to do differently or stop. It's really easy for me to get caught up in thinking about my thinking .if it's my thoughts or the spirit speaking...over analyzing it all. I think when we are obedient and keeping our minds free from distractions, our thoughts can be the spirit speaking. Like Joseph smith's quote about sudden strokes of ideas...or pure intellegence flowing into our minds.

Thanks for the thought, it was a good reminder for me to listen better! I needed that.

Hope to see you guys soon!

Jason & Shannon said...

Those strawberries look so delicious, and the baby is so cute! About the question I think pondering and praying is always a good way to find out.

Shannon said...

Kat told me about Melissa! She is amazing! Tell her I said so. I know exactly what you mean. I say those are the times I act upon things that feel right and see where it goes. Sometimes Heavenly Father wants us to make a choice. Let me know if you ever need to talk!

HR said...

Our son is named Drake too - your sister has great taste!

Becca said...

Your strawberries look amazing. We're trying to grow basil right now on our balcony, but looking at your pictures makes me think we missed the boat. Basil smoothies might not taste that good.

About your thoughts, I say go with it, at least initially. Start taking small steps in the direction you're thinking, do a little research, read scriptures and conference talks with your question in mind. Pay attention to how you feel. That usually works for me. I know pretty quickly whether my thought was me or inspiration once I start doing something about it.

Luci said...

Beautiful strawberries!! I am so envious! I can't wait until we can start a garden. You'll have to share all you know. :)