Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. -A.N.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jessica and Steven's Wedding


Mariah: Last weekend we were able to go out to Maryland for Seth's sister's wedding. Jessica married a wonderful, smart man named Steven. The wedding was very nice and not too stressful (at least for me) I did get to do her hair (which caused me a little stress) but it turned out pretty nice. The weather had been rainy all week and the reception was to be held outside, but it turns out that the weather cleared up nicely for the wedding day. It was a beautiful sunny day as you can see from the pictures.

Seth: Okay, now it's my turn. Yeah, the wedding was great and wonderful and very sunny, but the pictures don't tell you what happened the day before, or right before the reception. My dad, Jacob, and I went over to the church (whose backyard the reception was going to be at) on Friday afternoon to make sure we could build a table for the cake, and when we got out of the car, the grass was up past our shins, and soggy! Regularly, the lawn's mowed by the caretakers, but we're assuming that they hadn't yet because it had been raining everyday for about a week (at least that's what they tell me). So, we run back to the house, grab a couple of mowers, and my dad and I went back so we could try and make it look nice. We had to go over the grass 3 to 4 times just to get it down, and then we went over again to try and make it nice. It really wasn't so bad, but it took about 2 hours with the two of us; we were almost late to the great big meet/greet lunch/dinner thing at our house with our family and Steven's. We rolled up just in time, covered in grass, to say the prayer. Quite the adventure, huh? And we raked the grass right before the reception because there were big clumps of mowed gumps all over the lawn, but I think I've written enough about that.

The wedding was really nice, and the weather was great. I was especially pleased by all of our family coming out for it, some even from California! I thought that was incredibly nice of them and made it a very special day. Mariah did a great job on Jessica's (I call her Jessica, some call her Luci, whatever, that's a whole different story) hair, even though she's sad she didn't get a picture of it. Here's pictures we took, and we added one of the road nearby my house for all those who haven't been back east to see what its like. Don't worry, I'll give you the secret my friend learned a year after he moved to Maryland. "Everywhere I look there's trees. I feel like we're deep back in the forest. And then I realized, there's stuff behind the trees. And then I felt okay."

1 comment:

Luci said...

Thanks thanks thanks for all your work on the lawn before the reception!! That was suuuuuper loving brother of you, and we really do appreciate it. THANKS!!

Also, if Mariah wants pictures of my hair, there are some I can send her. Thanks to her for doing that, too! Steven REALLY liked it. :)