Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. -A.N.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Emily on Stilettos!

I just had to put this video on my blog. This is my niece Emily Lindsey (Amy and Ryan's daughter). The girls in the family think Aunt Mariah has the coolest shoes so they usually put them on when I come over. This time, I was so impressed by Emily's ability to strut in my shoes, I just had to catch it on video. What a girl she will be one day! I can only imagine! The cute thing is that her little heels won't stay straight on the shoe and so you will see she is trying to make her heels stay up on the shoe! I am so proud!




Also I have been tagged: I have never been tagged before so here it goes:

1. What was I doing 10 years ago:
Ten years ago? Well lets see....I would have recently turned 16 and I was so excited to get my drivers license. I drove around my Mom's VW bug....that is until my guy friends thought it was funny to lift it up and move it while I was in class. I loved coming out after basketball practice and to see my car sitting in the middle of the parking lot, obviously in the way of other people's cars. Great guys...don't worry, we got them back. So then I changed to drive a heavier vehicle that they wouldn't be able to lift and that was my Dad's 1970 Chevy Blazer which took us on many adventures. I remember my 16th surprise birthday party thrown at Kat's house which was a complete blast. Right about now would be soccer camp in Cedar City or a basketball camp, one of the two.

2. Five things on my to-do list today:
Make a new recipe for dinner (Parmesan chicken)
Decide on what to do for Seth for our one-year anniversary (it is on Sunday)
Mail a book we sold on half.com
Do this 'tag'
Sweep/Mop the kitchen

3. If I were a millionaire I would:
Pay my tithing
Buy a home
Go on a Cruise in the Carribean
Go to Hawaii and visit Kylee
Pay for Law School
Buy Seth a TV and an Xbox
Buy me some new clothes and shoes
Invest the rest


4. Bad Habbits:
I can't get myself up, so sometimes Seth has to carry me to the bathroom at 5:30 a.m. (the bus comes early). I get my to-do list and like to get things done, sometimes a little too much. Sometimes I am hesitant to spend money on things like 4 boxes of cereal for Seth (in one week), but I don't mind spending it on clothes for me. (Seth helped me with that one) And lots of other little things like that, but I am learning slowly.

5. Places I have lived:
1. St. George, Utah
2. Provo, Utah
3. Brownsville, Texas
4. Mission, Texas
5. Edinburg, Texas
6. Beeville, Texas
7. San Benito, Texas
8. Huntington Beach, California
8. Salt Lake City, Utah

6. Jobs I have had:
1. McArthur Welding (custodial)
2. Math Tutor for 3 years
3. Soccer Referee for the City of St. George
4. The good 'ol Rec Center
5. Bookkeeper
6. Accountant at Squire and Co. in Orem (Internship)
7. Accountant at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Orange County, CA (Internship)
8. Accountant for Kirk Holt in Springville
9. Accountant at Wisan, Smith, Racker & Prescott (current job)

4 comments:

Titensor Family said...

ok i love your blog. It's way cute. It was a lot of fun chatting on the bus today. HOpe you have a great wednesday.
orbittingmir.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

So funny! I loved that blue blazer! i think i remember one time we had it out on the arizona strip and was it the steering wheel that feel off? Oh the good times of high school. I was thinking about our 10 year capsule, scary to think it won't be too long before we open that one!

simple mom/wife said...

Thanks! I loved thinking about all those great years and finding things out about you now. I had no idea how great your shoes are--loved your niece!

Staci said...

Good times in the blazer, your niece is super cute I don't think i could walk in those shoes as good as she was!