Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. -A.N.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Seth is Safe in Ghana and My Fun New Camera...

So Seth is safe in Africa and enjoying all the new experiences. I am hoping he will post some of the unique things that are happening to him soon, he says hopefully he can tomorrow, so look for the update. I will try not to share all his stories before he can. What an adventure! I have finalized everything, so I am going for sure. I have had all the many shots taken: polio, yellowfever, malaria, typhoid, and two other ones I can't remember because the names are really long. But I should be set. I am just waiting to get my Visa and then I will just have to wait until May 23rd. I am pretty excited about it.

The other exciting event is that I finally got a camera after looking and looking. It is a Canon EOS 40D. What some of you may know and some may not, I usually take a very long time searching for good deals when I am making a big purchase. My first car I bought was a 1999 VW Jetta. It had to be silver, have a sunroof, be a stick-shift, and have automatic windows AND the most important, it had to be in the budget! So I started looking when I graduated high school and about 13-14 months later, I found it! On autotrader.com. So I didn't tell any of my friends and I went with my Dad on a road trip to Arizona and drove it around and bought it and towed it home that night. When Shalyse and Cody stopped by that night, they saw a silver jetta up on the trailer behind my Dad's truck and they were like, "no way....is that yours?" It was a fun surprise. I loved my little car. I sold it to my cousin when I went on my mission, so I still get to see it occasionally. So back to the original story, I have been wanting a camera, and have been saving my money from the bonus I got from work when I passed the CPA exam. That was back in February 2008. And so now it is May 2009 and I finally found one that fit. (Half of the problem this time was figuring out which camera to get. There are lots of options!) I got it used off of KSL.com classifieds. It is one of my favorite places to shop!

Well all these pictures are some random shots I took my first day with the camera. Hopefully I will get a little better, but so far, I love it! I want to take some classes or something.


Below is my niece Megan playing in the semi-finals of her soccer league. She scored a hat-trick in this game. She played awesome! She actually scored off of this kick. They went on to win first place! It was fun to watch her. She is a good little athlete.

And little Tavish!


It is now later and I am adding more pictures to my blog. I took these pictures below on Saturday:


5 comments:

Seth and Mariah said...

I think your pictures look great, Mariah. Won't this be a surprise, you'll never think that I would post a comment! They really do look great, and I'm glad your were able to go to Megan's game and spend time with Amy and Ryan. Hope you miss me, but not too much.

Love,
Seth

Jason & Shannon said...

Those pictures are really pretty! I love getting great deals on things!

BeckyRuss said...

Looks like you picked a great camera--the pics are awesome! It only took you a couple of years to find the right one--you're making progress on your decision making skills. JK. You are a professional camerawoman--I've seen your work (Tucks 1 year party pics). You should start a side picture taking business with all your spare time (Ha Ha--like you have spare time my friend!) Also--I love that you mentioned me in your post about watching the Bachelor. I'm such a great influence to tune you into such worldly shows. JK I actually still like watching the Bachelor. The last season was so insane--Did you watch it? If so, we need to discuss. Hope you are surviving without your love. I'm glad you're going to see him soon. Love you lots!

Luci said...

Awesome pictures!!

Marchelle said...

WOW those picture are wonderful!! It is good to know that Seth is safe, what a crazy time to get there.