Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. -A.N.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Snippets from Africa

Since several of my (Seth) more recent posts have been rather lengthy with small-type I figured I'd do one a little more easy on the eyes. So, here are some cool pictures from our adventures thus far. Mariah snagged this first picture on one of the little islands we visited along the Volta River as we were walking back to the boat after visiting the island school.

Some ocean fishing boats along one of the islands on the Volta River.

The old slave castle overlooking Elmina.

Getting a haircut down the street from where we live.

And a sweet poster at the Lands Commission Office out near Cape Coast.

5 comments:

Jacob 'n Natasha said...

haircut by fire. definitely an interesting proposition...did they offer nose plugs?

Jason & Shannon said...

WOW! Those pictures are great! I love how different they are! I would have been really freaked out by that fire!

Marchelle said...

WOW, this is such a cool experience for the two of you, I'm sure!! How cool is all of it!!

Jason & Shannon said...

We did not like wolverine. It was not good, the story was not that great, but Star Trek was great! I would not pay to see Wolverine, wait until it goes to redbox to see it. Star Trek is worth spending the money especially a matinee. We get back in the beginning of July and should definitely all get together!

Luci said...

Cool post. What's the fire all about?